Ticker


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Never try to have a baby on a holiday

So, we went to the hospital last night to try and have a baby... I was having contractions every 2 minutes and they were lasting for 2 min. each getting harder as i got more. so we went to the hospital this was about 11:30 or so. We get there and they hook me up to the thing to monitor my contractions and to my luck they slow down. I am dialated to a 2 and 70% effaced. So what do they do they send me home cause my contractions aren't was often as they were at home.
To add to all of this I was supposed to be induced thursday at 8pm but they kept putting it on hold because they were under staffed and "full". Well by under staffed they mean that there were 4 or 5 nurses sitting at the desk doing (to my eyes) was nothing. And by full they also mean they only had 4 empty beds. They called the doctor and the doc said for me to go home because I was not far enough into "hard labor" although i was still having contractions.
I am pretty sure the doctor just didn't want to come in on the middle of the night on a "holiday". Well i am pretty sure you picked this profession and you knew there may be times when you would have to come in on a holiday. Well, I came home and had contractions all night but since they werent 1 1/2 min apart they weren't good enough contractions. So, they tell me that they can't induce people in the middle of the night or on weekends or holidays. So, today I am going to do everything I can to get him to come out. And, maybe once my water breaks I will be in "hard enough labor" that they doc will have to come in.
There is my venting for the day.

2 comments:

jorgenlisa said...

I was anxiously awaiting some good news...sorry! I bet you are miserable about now. You get busy and get that water to break and prove to them YOU WILL HAVE THIS BABY ON HIS DUE DATE! :) Love ya, Lisa.

Diane said...

Hang in there he's getting closer to being in your arms. Good luck.